Associate Family Law Attorney
Southern California Family Law attorneys specializing in cases involving children.
ABOUT CUSTODY QUEENS
You might not find Custody Queens (CQ) at royal court-- but you will find us in the courtroom, on social media (IG: custodyqueens), and on air (GoCountry Radio) …and at the firm offices throughout Southern California, of course!
Courthouses and the legal system can be so impersonal so, at the heart of Custody Queens, we believe in individualized and compassionate approaches in helping our clients during one of the most significant moments in their lives. Together with our clients, we work towards the most beneficial outcomes for their children.
Custody Queens is more than a family law firm; it is a family law team.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Litigate a family law matter from start to finish with actual courtroom experience. The firm currently handles custody, visitation, support, protective orders, and all other aspects of Divorce, Domestic Violence, and Paternity cases
- Develop family law cases by conducting research on various issues
- Have strong research, writing, and analytical skills
- Attend depositions, mediation, and hearings
- Review, analyze, and draft legal documents with strong organization, planning, prioritization, and time management skills
- Communicate with knowledge and compassion with clients of various levels of sophistication regarding technical matters
- Communicate effectively with a variety of contacts, including outside attorneys, senior management, clients, and support staff with a high level of personal integrity and professional ethics
- Track and manage billable hours and ensure all aspects of client and case management are properly met
Eligible candidates must be licensed in California and have graduated from a law school. The ideal candidate will be a Certified Family Law Specialist, or immediately eligible for certification.
This is a full-time position with health benefits, paid sick time, vacation, and holidays, as well as a 401(k) program. MCLE contributions are available. There are many employee centered benefits and events, lots of other perks, and a great working environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Salary Range: $85,000 - $125,000
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Family Law experience (Preferred)
- Bar (Required)
- CFLS (Preferred)
Work Location: Corona, CA or Newport Beach, CA
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
Work Remotely: No
- Remote interview process
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place